Top Five Things I Learned in My First-of-Two Training Days
1. No matter what city, state or type of training, there’s always that one person who has an answer/comment/story for everything. And the combination of those three things will inevitably prevent the training from ending on time.
2. No matter how many times the instructor gives cell phone instructions (i.e. turn it off or at least on vibrate), there will always be that one person who not only doesn’t turn it off, but will answer the call and talk right there in the middle of the training.
3. No amount of coffee will work after 230.
4. An hour lunch or ten-minute break really means that…plus apparently at least ten more minutes or frankly whenever you feel like bringing your happy ass back so the rest of us can start.
5. Pinching yourself to stay awake is ineffective, and only leaves you with a bloody hand.
And finally, for the Presenter: The word is “specific,” not “pacific.”
That’s an ocean.
Hi ho, hi ho. Onto Day 2 we go.