Oh, where do I begin?!?!?!
1. Another year has come and gone, leaving me one year older and decades wiser today. Yes, it is my birthday!
2. My birthday-day also happens to coincide with my bridal shower/bachlorette party weekend!
3. The combination of #1 and #2 = lots and lots of presents!!! The birthday presents came yesterday actually (it was also Momma Q's b-day yesterday so we celebrated together). Some stuff is meant to domesticate me (off the registry, like mixing bowls/spoons/storage containers from Ellen), and some is meant to empower my physical self (personal training hours from Devin and a bike calculator from Cheese!!!) and some is meant to make me look like a Foxy McHotster (gift card to clothing store from Momma Q).
4. My FMIL is arriving tonight for the weekend festivities. What are they, you ask? Well, I decided to combine the two events (shower, bachlorette party) because in total, there are only 8 ladies (my two sisters, two bridesmaids, my mom, aunt, and FMIL). The actual shower is a short cocktail party at Ellen's house, followed by picnicing in the Ravinia park to the musical stylings of none other then Tom Jones, bitches! (Sing it with me - "It's not unusual to be loved by anyone!")
5. I treated myself to a fancy (read: expensive) new haircut. Now granted, what I consider "expensive" is probably mere pennies to someone else, but still - anything other then the local Hair Cuttery is "expensive" to me. And make no mistake - I look HOT. No really, it's true. I do. Quite a departure from my usual chlorine-hair-in-a-bun look. In this case, money DID buy happiness!
6. The New Runner's World came today!!
*Breathe, breathe, breathe*
Holy crap I have a headache.
Back to the cake!!!