Thursday, November 23, 2006

Not Bad for a Turkey (trot...)

Of course, leave it to the procrastinator to wait until Thanksgiving is over to write a grateful list...

Perhaps it was the training, weights, nice weather, festive atmosphere or a sub-4 hour marathon-running-sister next to me, but I managed to pull a 42:42 8K out of my bum this morning. Not bad, especially for a gal that's made a nice little comfy niche for herself in the 10:00 minute miler group. FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS. So at the top of my "grateful list" tonight is the ability to run, bike and swim, even if it's slow, because it lets me feel proud of myself. I am also very grateful for the support and love of my family, without whom I could not live the life I live I do (for many reasons). For all the conflicts, dysfunction and craziness we engage in, they are still my family and would lay down and train tracks for me, and never ask why. And for my friends, again for many reasons, but mostly for the constant challenges they (knowingly or unknowingly) put in front of me to make me a better person, (because without challenges we never progress,) and for their unwavering support that I sometimes don't give them enough credit for (until crisis). And finally, I am grateful for change and second chances -the ability I have to endure it and thrive because of it, and the opportunity to do things differently with each new day. For that, and so much more, I am grateful.

No comments: