Friday, May 23, 2008

Note to Self

When your boyfriend has a job that makes him travel for one month, allows him home for five days, and then takes him away again for another month…

Do not -

I repeat -

DO NOT -

Torture yourself by watching the opening scene of “P.S. I Love You.”

Because nothing makes the distance harder than watching two people act out the exact same drama, fighting, love, and craziness you wish you could have, especially on a Friday night in Spring.

I wish he were here to argue about who has to turn off the light.

I wish he were here to lecture about having a “plan.”

I wish he were here to tell me how crazy I am.

I wish he were here to eat sorbet with me in bed.

I wish he were hear to sing his made-up songs, especially the "My Baby..." one.

I wish he were here.

'Cause I could use a good frog crawl.

And somehow, sleeping in his tee shirt just doesn’t cut it.

Well, hell.

Unlike Hilary Swank’s movie husband, at least my guy’s not dead.

Hey! Bright side!

4 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

I second the Frog Crawl...I knew you like my singing. Did I ever tell you that I was in show choir?

Andra Sue said...

Funny...I think the same thing about mine when he's gone: "Hey, at least he's not dead!" Is that bad?

Seriously, you should get your dog back from your sister so you at least have someone (furry) to snuggle up with. :(

prin said...

Did you just give away the end of the movie?!?

Whatevs. After this description, I don't think I should watch it either.

(hugs)

Michelle J said...

God, I LOVED that movie! I think I watched the scene when she shows up in the pub 10 times!

I am uneducated about the Frog Crawl... is it an American thing? Is this a suitable place to fill me in?

Sorry you are feeling lonely...