Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Welcome to Milwaukee.

First stop: Miller Park, Home of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Cheese living his dream of sitting in a major league baseball dugout.

And then with me.

Us and our 100 year old tour guide, who was long winded (aren't all old people?) and quite lovely. She pretty much lived through the last 2 centuries of baseball in Milwaukee so so certainly had a lot to say. We loved her.


Second stop: Miller Brewery. Not as cool as we thought, but hey, free beer in the end made up for it.....

Take note - rare occurance.

Not so rare occurance....
The next day, we went to see the Body Worlds exhibit, but this was the closest picture I could find to show it - me and Cheese having coffee while waiting for our designated time.

Goofing off, but I thought it was a cute picture - yeah, I admit it - I totally put it up because I though it was cute. So what?

And the final stop of the Milwaukee tour - the Milwaukee Art Museum. Art in Milwaukee?!?!? I know, I was as surprised as you are.....but seriously, the building itself is pretty cool...


Of course, the obligatory picture with the lake in the background....can I get a collective "Awwwwww?"


And because I was more concerned about looking cute in my dress than the actual weather, I brought no coat, so had to wear Cheese's dress shirt as a coat. Awesome.

And that, folks, is about it. It was a fun weekend, nice to get a way and stay ina fancy smancy hotel, and not worry about work at all. We ate lots of bad food, slept in on Sunday, and basically just hang out with each other. I loved it, and loved spending some much needed time outside of the apartment.
Cheese got the call today to go back to Tulsa, OK, for another round of work. He should have been here through next week, but I am taking him to the airport in just a few minutes instead. Can you say pissed off? But I guess that is what I signed up for - one month away, five days home. Sigh.
At least I have the pictures.....

10 comments:

prin said...

Yey pictures! You are so rockin' the bangs. Reer.:)

Cindy Jo said...

I love that he is wearing a Bears hat now. Good job Megan!!!

Carrie said...

Awwwwwww...sooooo cute!

Go Mom Go said...

You are right -- great pictures.

Ok...Marathon in Fall --
well there are two here in Indy now (one mid October and the other Nov 1st) BUT it is possible that I could do Chicago. I have a friend that is signed up but not totally committed to the whole deal.

So, it is most likely that I will be doing one of the ones here.

When is your next Ironman? I KNOW you want to... :)

Alili said...

I'm so glad the two of you were able to go out and have some fun! Long over due, my friend.

:)

KrissyGo! said...

Dude...you are SO cute!

Fun times!!!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Hell Yeah, Mil-le-walk-key.

Tri-Angle said...

You got your shine back Meg

The Big Cheese said...

Who would have thought that a weekend in Milwaukee would be not only on purpose but fun! I guess all it needs is a Lil' Meg...and beer. But mostly Meg.

Danni said...

Love the pics!!!
You look relaxed and that is great!