Thursday, May 1, 2008

Still Working on the Coherent-Thought Post

But until then...


SITC - The Movie
Today was “Sex in the City Day” on Oprah.

Cut me some slack– my need to move slow these days allows me extra time in the morning to leave the house.

So....I may have caught the first few minutes.

Or 30 – get off my back.

In any case, was it me, or was the Big O sort of like, molesting SJP on her show today? At least in those opening few moments? Personally, if someone was going to paw at me like that in public, I usually require a decent seafood dinner before hand.

P.S. I am SO going to see this movie.

And I hate myself for it.


Youth?
I have decided that Wheel of Fortune goes against the grain of what’s normal.

Not only have this show been on t.v. since I was a twinkle in my dad’s belt buckle, but Pat Sajak and Vanna White have clearly signed their name in blood for never-ending youth, and the shit FREAKS ME OUT.


Gross, Part I
For no good reason, I am sitting here sweating. It’s not like I'm in my parka with the heat turned up to "Hell." In fact, I am in a towel, fresh from the shower. But yet I can feel the drips trickling down my arms from the pits. Hmmm….


Gross, Part II
On a separate, but not totally unrelated note, the ungodly amounts of stool softeners and suppositories shoved in me during my recent hospital stay seem to have finally banded together and are unleashing their angry vengeance upon my rectum. Why vengeance? Well, you might be a bit pissed off, too, if you were shoved up my ass.



Yeah.
I'm feeling a bit better today.

13 comments:

KrissyGo! said...

OMG I love it!

I have to admit, I'm on the fence about the SITC movie.

Oh who are we kidding? I'm gonna go see it.

:D

Comm's said...

Feel better Meg. Its a roller coaster for a while, you'll pull through. Your IronMeg.

Melissa said...

Huby and I went and saw taping of Wheel of Fortune and in person they look a little older, but not much. My husband was on wheel of fortune 25 years ago for Pat's first show ever. It wasn't even Vanna at the time, so they called back the three contestants to do a "remember when" segment at the end of the show. They couldn't be contestants again because once you are a contestant you cannot be one again because there are so many people that want to be on the show.

Glad to hear your feeling a little better.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Pat and Vanna - totally scary!

I'm sure I'll see the SITC movie too (although probably in the future when I can Netflix it)

Alili said...

Hehehe, sounds like a better day in the neighborhood:)

Go Mom Go said...

Sounds like you are taking some time to heal...and catch up on the important things in life, daytime TV. :)

take care of yourself

The (IRON) Clyde said...

I whole heartedly believe Oprah is a deity in Scientology.....but that's another post all together.

Why do you think Cruise acts so crazy when he's on her show? And she has Travolta on like every week?

Think about it.....

momo said...

she's baaaackkk. :-)

oh, girl, the sweating thing? pre-menopause. no need to thank me.

Rachel said...

CONGRATS on IMAZ!!! I was in such a haze. It was such a tough day. I LOVED it. When can I do it again. I enjoyed catching up on your blog. Looks like you are a tough cookie.

prin said...

The sweating thing could also be a thyroid thing. I sweat for nothing for nearly two years before I almost passed out and finally saw a doctor. Good times.

Anyhoo..

Funny how in the end, Ops fondling SJP was the least disturbing part of this post. :D

Feel better soon. Everybody's calling you "IronMeg" so I'll be different and call you "NutMeg".

Somehow that doesn't sound as motivating as "Kickass McCue".

prin said...

Crap! It's supposed to be Badass McCue. Man. You'd think with like 20 hours of sleep a day, I'd be on the ball. It's like I don't even know where the ball is.

Oh, there it is. It just rolled into the street. I'll run out and get it.

brb

Anonymous said...

oprah is ass cool as tryin to find a clean spot in your poopy butthole.........real cool

Becca said...

I didn't see the first ten minutes of the show, but I will agree that going to see this movie is a must. I can't wait for May 30!