This one's more of an update on the back, so there are two posts for today - Yay!
I have been reluctant to post because I was waiting for some better news. I have been slowly healing, though not as fast as I want to, and have been off training ow for 11 days (I think, something like that). I was hoping to get a swim in, but have not really (mentally) felt up to it.
Yesterday, I went for a bike fitting. However, after only 45 minutes on the bike, my back locked up again. I had a doctor's appointment right after and that helped in the moment, but does not bode well for the future.
In any case, today was mostly pain free so again I am hopeful. Tomorrow is my test ride and deadline for decision making, but I feel almost if I need another week. I guess we'll see tomorrow, but I don't want to make any dumb decisions. Part of me has come to terms with maybe just doing the September iron-distance race, though I sort of (selfishly) wanted the bells-and-whistles of the official Ironman, and I really was looking forward to meeting in-person some of the people I have met throughout this experience, and sneak in a vacation with my family.
So that's where I am at. I wish it was more definitive. But I will definately post after the ride tomorrow. Wish me luck.