Sunday, March 18, 2007

Up Goes the Coaster Car

So I decided that the only way I can determine whether or not I can do this is race is not, suprprisingly, by whining and asking everyone else "What do you think?" but rather going out and doing a workout for myself. And that's just what I did.

I did a hour bike and 30 minute run, granted not far when considering that today would have been my 6 hour ride and 2 hour run, but hey, its a start. And while there was some pain, especially on the bike, it was fractional compared to the last week. And I was also mostly pain-free yesterday as well AND sat through a two hour movie. Ha!

So for today, I am not quitting. I am going to keep getting treatments, doing short workouts and building to the race. But I will continue to monitor, and have also looked into other races this season if this one does not work out - after all, disappointing is not the same as discouraging, right Duane?

Keep on keeping on.

3 comments:

TriJack said...

17 hours...

maybe you can use the road bike and stay upright for the 112?

Duane said...

Keep on girl! Great attitude!!!!!

momo said...

you're doing the right thing - taking it slow and listening to your body, and that is exactly what you should be doing right now. (secretly keeping my fingers crossed that you're coming...)