Thursday, August 16, 2007

Training Countdown

So it looks like all system are go for next Monday. In fact, physical therapy went so well this week that my PT asked me today if I wanted to run on the treadmill for a bit. And I almost, almost did it, but truth be told, I was a scaredy-cat. I just wanted to get through this week of increased complexity in my drills, and see where I was at, before I threw anything hard in, like running.

So I am still planning to make my triumphant return to the pool on Monday. All said, it's been just over five months since this whole injury began. I remember about four weeks into it, and I was still planning my race schedule for this summer. Wow. Now a couple of squats and some balance ball rotations make me work up a sweat.

Well, on the positive side, there's nowhere left to go but up, right?

So onward I march.

I never thought I would be so happy to put a bathing suit on as I am right now.

5 comments:

The Big Cheese said...

Actually you could re-injure yourself and set yourself back months...but I am sure that won't happen. Just kidding. I am sure you will be fine and love the feeling of running, swimming and biking again.

Brent Buckner said...

Good news - have a blast!

Anonymous said...

While I understand that the Big Cheese is trying to be funny, seems inappropriate at the moment.
Larry

momo said...

i'm so excited )and nervous at the same time) for you meg! i'm going to be thinking about you all day, but i know that it will be FINE! you've done everything they've told you to do and you've taken wonderful care of your body. take it slow and you'll be back in fighting shape in no time!

Lance Notstrong said...

That's awesome. I bet it will all come back to you :-)