Thursday, December 27, 2007

Life as Usual...

Which means that I avoided some work, visited with my mom, and met my realtor to look at a condo.

Of course, this place isn't going to pan out.

Although there were several signs, such as the hole in the living room wall and pink walls throughout, I think the most notable one was the dead mouse in the closet of the second bedroom.

I know. Right?

Ugh.

I am one crappy, stinky, rodent-infested dump away from dropping this house hunting business.

Oh, and I skipped a swim today. No fear, it will be completed tomorrow, if for no other reason that I can't stand to tape it to the Wall of Shame. Let me explain.

See, when my coach sends me workouts via email, I print them out, cut them up, and paste them to index cards. Each time I finish one, I take the index card and clip it to the stack of completed workouts. You know, gives me a sense of accomplishment and frankly helps keeps my messy self organized. And I can take the swim workout cards to the pool really easily.

So smart, I know.

(Golf claps)

But when I miss a workout, I take the card and tape it to the wall, which coincidentally is right next to the fridge (shame, shame, shame). Right now, there are three cards up there - one 30 minute swim (missed due to my laziness), and 2 15-minute runs (both runs missed due to sore knees). I've been training for about three months now (or 12 weeks) so I guess three isn't so bad, but I will be damned if I have to put another one up there.

So pool it is. Can't wait.

5 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

What a really great idea. I am going to steal it if you don't mind...

Peace!

Nolan's Mommy said...

Oh stop crying, put on your boots and come over to spend some QT with No No. Plus....I have a box of Mike N Ikes and hot water.

the fire said...

saw some places near the irish heritage center...may be in the budget.....mike and ike's sound good...i just finished half a loaf of pumpkin bread....wow..do i have a tummy ache

Prin said...

You can do it! *high five*

The Clyde said...

Well look who's the loser posting comments on a blog at 10:45 at night....

Love the card idea, I may have to steal that.

Nolan's Mommy comment about the hot water made me laugh, I had forgotten about that....good thing you are doing IM Arizona, those water bottles on the bike should be nice and warm.