Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stand Corrected

A couple weeks ago, I wrote about the LONGEST DAY EVER.

I was wrong.

Turns out – it’s actually today.

In hindsight, I am fairly certain my drag-ass has everything to do with complete caffeine depletion.

Although the details are hazy, I am pretty sure I had only one cup of my drug this morning. And when you throw in a hot mess of a schedule that includes driving to western suburbs for the day - lemme tell ya – my poor old body is giving me a big middle finger right now.

The fat-ass part of me is begging to go for a run, but the lazy-ass part of me is satisfied sitting here, eating pretzel nuggets and drinking Coke Zero.

Ten bucks if you can guess which ass will win.

On a more positive note – I got a clean bill of health from the doctor today – green light to run this weekend. Of course, I would have run anyways, but it’s always nice to get the go-ahead. Of course, I was evaluated by a doctor I have never seen, and he basically made me pull my shirt up and my pants down, checked it out, and sent me on my way.

Just like any given Saturday night in my 20s.

Naaaaa….just kidding…

I ALWAYS made sure I got dinner first.

It’s the ol’ “get a little, give a little.”

Oh, and turns out the Pucker is almost gone too – now, the only reason my belly sticks out and hangs over my pants is because I eat too much cake.

Oh, and apparently ice cream for breakfast can also cause this. Ice cream with JuJuBees mixed in. So I read somewhere.

And lastly, turns out our relay team lost a member, so our legs got changed. My new legs actually have me running literally right past my apartment. Crazy. And the new mileage looks like it will be 5.7, 6.9 and 8.22.

Two months ago, I would have been like, “Peshaw – 8 miles? Gimme something hard!”

I saw it today and was like, “8 miles?!?!?!?” And immediately started praying to the god I seem only to talk to when I am in such predicaments.

Like I have said before, sometimes its good to be humbled.

Off to pack.

5 comments:

Tri-Angle said...

you're killin me.
But I didn't know you in my 20's.....did I? Does dinner at Taco Bell count?
Good luck this weekend. You'll do great.
Thanks for your nice comment over on the Blog too Meg.
Cya
A.

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Get outta that apartment and back to things you love. Time to pick up on the living thing again!

Andra Sue said...

Good luck! You can do eeeet!

Ice cream for breakfast sounds good, by the way. As do pretzel nuggets. YUM.

prin said...

You got new legs?! How do I get me some of those?

Good luck you, even though you're already gone and prolly won't get this till you get back. :D

Alili said...

This was maybe my absolute favorite post in recent months. I laughed out loud at work, so loud in fact that my employees looked at me like I had lost my mind.

You are going to have a great time.