Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July - Round Two and Le Tour

While the first half of the day proved to be quite eventful, the second half was just as crazy. After the run and parade, I went to Ellie's to hang out. However, most of the time was spent listening to Baby Nolan, who apparently knew there was fun to be had and screamed from his crib until we took him out. Her he is, post-nap, dried snot everywhere, and a look that says,"I hate you Auntie Megan."


From there, I went to my mom's, ate four (4!) servings of delicious dessert (diet be damned!) and then headed to the Sox game. I didn't take any pictures of the actual game, but I managed to force my sister and brother-in-law to take a picture outside on the top level.
You may notice that we are all in sweatshirts - that's because it was COLD last night! Yes, cold - on July 4th.
Me and Devin. So that's all I have to say about the 4th. It was long, busy, and when I got home I literally passed out in my bed. My legs were exhausted, my head was throbbing and my eyes were itchy from all the firework smoke that was EVERYWHERE. But overall, it was a great day.
/
/
And for those of you who care, Tour de France started today. This is one of the big highlights every summer for me, mostly because I started watching it the year my dad got sick. That summer I began a short-lived tradition where I would spend a long weekend at my friend's lake house (at the time, it was birthday treat, and to also take a break from caring for my dad) and every morning, I would get up, turn it on, and obsess over it all morning. Lance rode back then, so it was kind of a big deal.
/
/
The Tour reminds me that it is summer, and that my birthday is right around the corner. Every year I pick a favorite, and me and my lake house friend used to make all sorts of friendly bets on the race (overall winner, king of the mountains, etc). I will admit that I fell off a bit last year towards the end of the race because I just got so frustrated with all the doping nonsense. But this year I am back and ready to see some action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

;-)

prin said...

I'm ready to see some action too, but you know... uh.. times are tough.

:D