Thursday, February 22, 2007

So This Is Real Life - A Ramble

Today was my second full day of conference, and next week is marked almost everyday with meetings (I meet my new team!) and yet another 3-day conference on the process of reunifying children with their parents. And again today, I came home whipped, so for the second day in a row, I have missed training. Well, I sincerely tried to get up and go swimming at the 4:30AM time that everyone else seems to be able to do, but no-go for me. Thank goodness its a recovery week of which I am fully taking advantage.

So now I am joining the ranks of most other triathletes who are faced with the fourth discipline of this sport - life - and am trying to attempt to balance it all. Just looking at the work and training schedules for next week, and it also being the first week in my four-week "Peak" block of training (yes! so close!), I am now feeling the pressure of getting it all in. Well, I signed up for this - real life had to start at some point!

But the good news is that I GET TO RIDE OUTSIDE tomorrow! Sure, it will be sort of cold, but the snow has mostly melted and it won't be raining, so I am going to give it a go. In total, it's a three-and-a-half hour ride with a one-and-a-half hour run. Very excited!

So that's all I got tonight, lovelies. I need a shower and a warm bed, maybe a couple minutes with my new book (I finally get to read them now - and being that reading is my #1 favorite activity, even over triathlon, I was going through serious withdrawal during the whole studying thing, so now I am almost cramming in all the books I kept buying and piling up next to my bed - I am also open for recommendations - frankly, I will read anything). I am reading "You Shall Know Our Velocity" by Dave Eggers. He also wrote "A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius" which is one of my fav books.

Oh, and I am leaving you with a picture of my friend Larry at IM Madison in 2005, 'cause it's been a while since I gave him a shout-out for putting up with my ass.

Good night, y'all.

No comments: